Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Nostalgia

It was about 3 years ago, September 5, 2006 to be exact that this picture was taken. I was finished with my time at the Provo Missionary Training Center and I was about to board a bus to the airport then board a jet to Chicago. I was extremely nervous. I had no idea what to expect. I was going to a place I'd never been to before about to be assigned a companion I'd never met before. It was scary, but I made it. Looking back three years later I feel like I am quite the different girl I was back then. I learned so much from serving a mission. It is the best life training I could ever have. It was the best decision I made.

Yesterday we received an exciting phone call from a nervous 19 year old in Provo. Josh had finally received his visa and was heading to Scotland that very day. Though he was quite scared, he was also very excited. I know he will be an outstanding missionary. The growth and learning he will obtain will be priceless. The Lord knew what he was doing when he asked his young people to serve missions.

1 comment:

Jason Findlay said...

Yeah, I can relate to the whole "foreign place, foreign people" dilemma. For me it was coupled with an overwhelming sense of "it's-the middle-of-the-night-I-should-be-in-bed jet lag" but it was only 13 years ago that I left for England.