Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Years Resolution Recap


With the coming of a new year we often evaluate our lives and decide on ways to make ourselves better. I have chosen three goals for my New Years Resolutions. Now that a month has gone by, I decided it would be a good time to recap my progress. Plus I am told that when you tell people your goals, you are more likely to achieve them. So I will go through my goals one by one and review how they are coming along:


1. Attend the Temple every week

This goal has been successful thus far. I have not missed a week yet. I can see many blessing from this goal. My life seems to go better, I am
overall happier and I feel a greater spiritual presence in my life. This is one goal that I want to continue as long as it is possible. I think with good planning and preparation it can be perpetuated for a long time.


2. Study the Scriptures every day

Recently my stake president spoke in a sacrament meeting. He promised each member of the stake that if they spent 20 min. per day in prayer and scripture study, it would guarantee them a place in the Celestial Kingdom. I wish I could say I am 100% with my 20 min per day. I do spend time with the scriptures every day and have not yet missed a day. This goal will always take work and can always be improved. I feel I am on the right track to success.



3. Look for the good in man

This goal is one in which I try to focus on the good in others instead of being so quick to judge. It is my effort to put off the natural man. It is difficult to track the progress of this particular goal, but I do believe that my being aware of it has helped tremendously. Sometimes even just having a second thought system helps to correct bad behavior.


And so there you have it. I hope to continue with steadfastness in these goals. I look forward to a good year of learning and growing. Comment Question: What are YOUR resolutions?


No comments: