Friday, January 28, 2011

I am woman, Hear me roar!

Lately I have been going through a lot of soul searching trying to strengthen my foundations in all realms of life. I go through ups at downs as much as the next person, but my goal of late is to not let the downs keep me down. I find empowerment through so many wonderful things around me. 
I have an amazing set of parents. They have been such an inspiration to me, always encouraging me to be whatever I want to be and make my own decisions. There has been many an instance when I have begged my mother to just tell me what to do, and every single time, she refuses and says: "That is up to you". Good parenting, sometimes you hate it, but you know its for your own good.


I have fantastic job. I have been there nearly three years. A little over a year after I'd been employed, I was offered a position at a new branch. This position was not open for applications, so the offer was one of great significance. I felt so thankful that I was given the opportunity. It offered me a position that would ultimately give me the freedom to go back to school, which has been my wish since I got home from my mission. And speaking of missions, I have a brother on a mission in Scotland right now. He is my best friend in the whole world. He and I think so much alike its almost scary. I feel incredibly blessed to have Josh in my life. I have been with him his whole life, save the time away for our respective missions. I have already began to daydream about the day he will return. I cannot wait to run up to him and give him the biggest hug, as I cry my eyes out. Yes, that is my plan. 


I can run. My body has yet to reject this new hobby of mine. I will run as long as I am able. It has built up my endurance, my energy, and I believe my overall well being. Not to brag or anything, but check out those forearm muscles! I mean, talk about buff! Life is good when you have muscles.


I could not resist the pose for this picture. I am a lot stronger than I give myself credit for... stronger emotionally, physically and spiritually. Sometimes when I meet with a little resistance, my first reaction is to let it bowl me over... but with a little sweat equity and prayer, I can accomplish and overcome anything. And you can too. 

When my boyfriend and I broke up in November I thought I would handle it very well. My friends who saw me may say that I did, but it was not easy. I spent many an hour thinking and crying and analyzing and trying to figure out what happened and how I could have fixed it. I finally just had to let it go and turn it over to the Lord. I cannot deny that I still wonder about it, but not nearly as much as I used to. Time heals many wounds. 

Recently I was having a conversation with a dear friend of mine. She gave me the sweetest compliment. She thanked me for being the person I am, for being an example to her and standing firm in my values. That meant so much to me. It reminds me of a quote from a favorite movie of mine that says: 
"It makes us feel as though our hard work ain't been in vain for nothing"

In conclusion, may I just say, that life is really good. 
Its all about how you look at it.




3 comments:

Red Dawg said...

good job, Catie!

Lindsey said...

You are awesome!

Marisa Jean said...

Okay, I had no clue you had a blog.

Catie, if there's one thing I've learned from being in a LOT of relationships over the course of my dating life, it's that even years down the road, you'll wonder and still be confused as to why certain things happened the way they did. Time may never heal the wounds, but it certainly helps you realize their purpose.

You are a strong woman, and the fact that you see the Lord's hand in your life, proves that. Chin up, you have many wonderful things and people in your future. :)