Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Contact Lenses

I've taken the plunge to go frameless. Yesterday I put a tiny plastic bowl in my eye for the first time ever. Getting it in there was no easy task. At one point I was reduced to tears. I couldn't tell if it was the irritation of my eyes or my complete frustration with something seemingly so easy being so hard. I almost gave up.
I kept persisting and finally had success with eye one. Eye two came quickly thereafter. Once I got them in, I was told to take them out. Easy right? No. Several more tries ensued and finally I was able to successfully remove one of them. I cleaned it off and put it back in and I was on my way.
Today is day two sporting the unseen masters of vision. They're taking some getting used to. Hopefully I'll be a pro before long.


Look closely. Can you see them? No? I get the feeling that's the general idea.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks good! I love my contacts! You'll get the hang of it soon!

Jason Findlay said...

I cannot imagine the horror of intentionally putting something directly onto my eye. I applaud your bravery but respectfully submit that I am ever more grateful for my perfect vision after reading your post.