Friday, March 8, 2013

The Tale of the Invisible Contact

One night as I was taking out my contact lenses for the day I ran into a problem. I could not get the contact out of my right eye. After several tries, I skipped to my left eye and got that one out with no issues. The right contact just wouldn't come out. I stared hard into the mirror to see if it had gotten moved to a different part of my eye. It appeared to be lodged in the inside corner of my eye. No matter how many times I tried, I just couldn't get a hold of it.

I called my fiancé to ask his advice. He offered several suggestions, which were all good, they just didn't work. He suggested that it probably fell out. For some reason I refused to believe it. I felt totally helpless and was a complete mess.

I woke up my mother, by this time it was nearing 1:00AM. She tried her best but couldn't get a hold of it. I sent her back to bed and with tear soaked eyes tried desperately to get it out. Finally, after my eye had become totally red and swollen from pinches and jabs, I went to bed.

The next morning I tried again with no luck. It was then that I decided it must have fallen out of my eye. There must be no contact in there at all. Later as I was blowdrying my hair, I spotted something on the bathroom floor. Sure enough, it was my contact. It must of fallen off my fingers from the very first try and I never noticed.

It took three days of wearing glasses to let my poor eye heal from it's beating. What have I learned from all of this? A contact would never be THAT hard to get out. I have no idea what I thought I saw. I think our minds are a little too good at letting us see what we believe to be true.

The End.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I have had that happen to me before, not fun!