Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cherished Moments


Wednesday evening began by a visit to Mary Clifford. We had planned to do some work on her computer, but our plans changed a bit. Before anything else she invited me to have some dinner. Her husband is my bishop. So I sat with Bishop Clifford and enjoyed some meatloaf (which he made). We had a wonderful visit and I gained some important insight from him in regards to some decisions I am making in my life. Bishop Clifford is being released on June 27th and I will be very sad to see him go. But as the church presses on I look forward to meeting my new bishop.
After dinner Mary asked me if I would be interested in accompanying her to visit her father at the care center where he lives. I was honored to have such an invitation. You see, Mary Clifford's father is Marion D. Hanks, an emeritus General Authority. The spirit in the room was so strong. It was such a wonderful blessing to be able to meet him. We sang hymns and visited briefly. It was an experience I shall never forget. I feel so honored to know Mary. She is such a blessing to me. She gives me strength and inspires me to be good. 
(just a little background: Marion D. Hanks was a mission president in England, two of his missionaries were Elder Jeffrey R. Holland and Quentin L. Cook ALSO: Blair Ford, my brother's father-in-law!)

1 comment:

Red Dawg said...

He was my dad's mission president too. He married my parents.