Monday, May 2, 2011
Do You Think It'll Be An Early Spring?
This week begins my 2 week respite from class. I will not be wholly without academics because I am going to frantically cram and study college algebra to pass the acuplacer test. Adulthood seems to have instilled in me this attitude of always needing to be doing something productive. I miss the days of being lazy without feeling guilty for it.
And now to the awesome story of the day. My phone number at work happens to be one digit away from the information phone number to acquire the weather forecast for the day. I often get several wrong numbers per week due to this fact. This morning I was pleasantly surprised by one of these such calls. Let me tell you why....
The phone rings, I see the number is unfamiliar so I am expecting a wrong number. I answer with my usual greeting of "Jordan Credit Union this is Catie". On the other end I hear the voice of a little girl. I say hello again and ask what I can do to help her. I then ask if she's trying to find out the weather. She proceeds to tell me that its a beautiful day outside. I promptly agree and encourage her to enjoy the day outside in the pleasant weather.
She then asked me if she ought to wear her flip-flops today. I tell her yes! She said she would ask her mom if she could wear her flip-flops outside today. She thought for sure her mother would agree to that idea. I also agreed and wished her a lovely day playing outside while wearing her flip-flops.
Finally she asked my name. I told her and then asked what her name was. I couldn't quite make it out, but I told her that I better get back to work. I then told her to go outside and have fun playing in the sunshine.
New job title, weather forecaster and fashion advisor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Being an adult doesn't mean you have to always be productive. Sometimes wasting time is good for the soul. Everything in moderation--even productivity. I would go crazy if I felt I needed to be doing something productive all day every day. It's not a negative thing if we allow ourselves time to be lazy. :) Don't be so scared of relaxation every once in a year.
Oh! That is too cute! :)
Ha ha!! That's funny. I know you and Lizzy could set up your own fashion boutique and it would make a killing!
Post a Comment