Yesterday a group from my new ward ventured out to ascend Ensign Peak which is located just behind the capitol building in Salt Lake City. We were a bit nervous as to the conditions of the trail, but decided not to let that hinder our journey. The trail is paved at first, but it does not take long for that solid ground to end and the muddy path to begin. It makes you really thankful for rocks on the trail.
It didn't take long to hike the 1/4 mile up to the top. The view is stunning. I am always so amazed by how the view of the valley takes my breath away.
This vast display of commerce and prosperity used to be a barren desert. The prophesy that the desert would blossom as the rose has truly come to pass. Imagine what the pioneers of 1847 would say of the Salt Lake Valley today.
After our hike we made a stop at the Salt Lake City cemetery. What a hallowed place. So many good lives lived are honored in that cemetery. It was a fitting stop for the day set aside to honor those who have passed on.
We ended our adventure with a quick lunch at Wendy's. I am so thankful for good friends and ward members. Its jaunts such as this that make the long days at work worth enduring.
2 comments:
I read this ;) and I like your new background!
Love that hike--and with good friends it's even better.
Post a Comment