A group of my friends and I decided to read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis for a book club. Today I was reading a passage that struck me so intensely that I'd like to share it here now.
In this passage he is talking about how Christ will not only heal us of our sins, but will take us further to make us perfect.
"That is why He warned people to 'count the cost' before becoming Christians. 'Make no mistake,' He says, 'if you let me, I will make you perfect. The moment you put yourself in My hands, that is what you are in for. Nothing less, or other, than that. You have your free will, and if you choose, you can push Me away. But if you do not push Me away, understand that I am going to see this job through. Whatever suffering it may cost you in your earthly life, whatever inconceivable purification it may cost you after death, whatever it costs Me, I will never rest, nor let you rest, until you are literally perfect -- until my father can say without reservation that He is well pleased with you, as He said He was well pleased with me. This I can do and will do. But I will not do anything less.'"
I often get discouraged by the trials I face in life. They seem to come right as I feel like life is going well. I tend to see it as a way of bringing me down, but in reality this is not the case at all. Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to find the greatest joy and happiness in life. He knows how best to lead me to that joy. The challenge is how I will react to it. Though this path is not easy, it is the most beneficial. I intend to stay the course and allow trials that I might be more perfected through Jesus Christ.
1 comment:
Interesting thought, I like it :).
Post a Comment