Today was stake conference for my YSA stake. I love Sundays. I love going to my church meetings and getting inspired and taught. However, there is one other thing I also love....the art of flirtation. I know and fully acknowledge that church is meant for spiritual development...but in a singles ward it is no secret that other games are afoot. Stake conference is especially fun because you have a significantly wider audience. Let me tell you about todays excursion....
Sunday morning I got dressed up for church. I tossed around the possibility of two outfits. I settled on my pale dusty pink dress with a cream cardigan and my plum colored suede shoes. I drove up to the institute building with about 20 minutes to go before the meeting was to begin. At first I considered sitting in the first empty chair I could find but then I decided to look around a little before settling in. (since the night before I did the aforementioned step and ended up all alone the whole meeting...not so fun) I spotted a handsome guy sitting alone at the end of the row....a few seats down from him I saw a sister from my mission sitting with her fiance. I waved and motioned to see if the seat next to them was free. It was, so I made my way to the chair. I was feeling confident. I knew that I needed to take action while I was in the heat of the moment. So, not much longer after sitting down I called to the guy at the end of the row and asked if he was waiting for anyone, he said no. So I invited him to scoot down and join us. He did. I asked him his name, where he was from, his major...you know, the usual, and he asked the same. We had a delightful conversation and shared some common laughs during some of the lighter parts of the meeting. I was feeling a very positive vibe. It wasn't long before I determined to make one more move before I lost this guy in a crowd of young adults. At the end of the closing prayer I turned to him and said "We should hang out sometime"...that was not what I wanted to say...I wanted to say "We should go out sometime" or "You should call me sometimes"...but I suppose my wording was effective because he smiled and took out his phone and entered my phone number, complete with my first and last name all spelled correctly. Mission accomplished. PS - some of the positives of this guy I already like: he's smart, funny, friendly, good-looking and he has an amazing singing voice. ;)
I have to add that the meeting was incredible, not just because I sat next to a cute boy, but because the spirit there was amazing. We got a new stake presidency today and had the privilege of hearing them share their testimonies of the Savior. I was touched and am excited for the future of the stake. The new stake president seems quite overwhelmed and rightly so, but I know he'll do great.
2 comments:
Nice work!
Way to go Catie! You are amazing!
Post a Comment