Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Am I the only one...

who gets frustrated by stairs that are too deep to comfortably ascend/descend? Do you know what I'm talking about? Its those esthetically pretty stair cases with deep runs and a shallow rise. No matter how hard I try, I end up stepping up with the same foot every time. It drives me crazy. Why? I guess I have this idea that I don't want to end up with lopsided muscles. If I only step up with my right food then my right leg will get more muscular than my left leg. Sometimes I try to squeeze in an extra step on the stair so I can alternate feet, but it quickly becomes awkward. So then I try taking big enough steps to take one step per step. That doesn't work either because each step gets progressively farther as my legs are too short. I just wanted to share. The end.

4 comments:

Mrs.O'C said...

The Huntsman Center. I totally follow your reasoning.

Marisa Jean said...

Random! :) But yes, I know exactly what you're talking about and they drive me bonkers, too.

Jason Findlay said...

Lengthen your stride Catie.

Karen said...

Ha! :)