This week in my institute class we had a lesson that started with a question. Are you playing to win? Or are you playing not to lose?
This concept was an eye opener for me. Even though I often try to be an overachiever...when it comes to the really important things, I fear I'm guilty of playing not to lose. This is a problem. But hope is not lost. There is always an opportunity to change.
I seem to go through spiritual highs and lows quite often. Sometimes in the same day. I struggle to find a balance between "all is well in zion" and putting myself down for my lack of obedience.
The scriptures and personal prayer are amazing tools. Sometimes I'm too prideful to turn to those sources. Its silly. Why would I deny myself the very things that would cure my despair? Because that is what the adversary wants. He wants us to be miserable. But I declare that I DO NOT WANT MISERY! I want joy, peace, happiness and love in my life. I want to feel valued.
I am blessed to be surrounded by incredible friends and family who strengthen me when I am weak. They are my angels. I am so thankful for the love I feel from my Savior. Here's to daily prayer and scripture study, the lifeblood of spiritual nourishment.

No comments:
Post a Comment