Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 12 {Be Kind to Someone you Dislike}

I love people. I really do... but when you work in a job where it is your responsibility to serve them and cater to their every whim... it can be tough at times. So today I did my best to be kind to everyone, even those who talked on their cell phones while I helped them. I coached myself the whole way through. I can't say I did my best at it, but I did make an effort. That counts right? I think a lot of it has to do with the way we perceive others. If we really take the time to step back and see them not as the world sees them, but as our Father in Heaven sees them, it totally changes things. I learned that lesson on my mission. Its always good to remind myself that everyone has a story. Everyone wants to be happy. Everyone wants to be valued and respected. We may have our differences, but really, in a lot of ways, we are all the same, striving for acceptance, love and purpose. So, next time you or I see someone that rubs us the wrong way, remember, they are as priceless to Heavenly Father as YOU are.

No comments: