Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 21 {Friends & Elf Duty}

I love Christmas time. I love the opportunity to gather with friends just to visit and catch up. Last night I had a visit from two of my favorite people. They are expecting a baby shortly. I am crossing my fingers that the baby will come on my birthday. I'll be okay if that isn't the case, but it'd sure be cool. Its so fun to see my friends marry each other and start their own families. These two have proven to be some of the most faithful and devoted friends I have ever had. We had a delightful visit. I shared Oreo balls with them and they shared homemade caramels, candied nuts and divinity with me. Isn't it wonderful how sugar can bring us together?

Another event of yesterday included a bit of Christmas shopping, primarily for my 18 nieces and nephews. Buying for the girls was easy, but the boys not so much. I asked a couple of little boys at the store in the toy aisle what they would want. They were most helpful. After my purchases were made I dashed home to greet my guests. After our visit I went to work wrapping the gifts. I considered buying gift bags, but I loved unwrapping gifts as a child. I love the joy of tearing open wrapping paper. Its all part of the magic and joy of Christmas. I cannot wait to deliver my gifts. I think that is one of the best ways to feel the spirit of Christmas.
Giving trumps all. 

No comments: