Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 2 {Scripting}

When I was in elementary school I remember when our teacher used to have us write for a certain amount of time. It didn't matter what we wrote, we just had to continue until the time was up. Turns out this is a very therapeutic practice. Today I wrote until I filled one lined sheet of paper. I just started with whatever was in my head at the time and began writing. I will share a small excerpt from my ramblings.

I love Christmas time. I'm learning more and more that it is what you make of it. Only you decide how you will celebrate the season. Last year I had the hope of celebrating this joyous season with someone I loved. Right before the holiday season began, he broke my heart. Since then I have been bruised and broken....I want to be with a man who I can trust. I want to be loved in return as much as I love....I need someone to share my life with who will be equally yolked. I need a man I respect and look to for guidance, one who will love me forever, no matter what.


I must say that in all of this I do not wish to imply that I cannot survive without a man, because I can if need be. All I am saying is that if a man is going to be with me for eternity, I am not inclined in the least to settle.

Tonight I spent time alone shopping. Its very empowering. I bought myself a new printer and felt very proud of myself for comparing my options and making a clear decision. After all the shopping was done, I went to Papa Murphy's Pizza and bought a pizza, because its Utah and Friday always seems to be pizza night. I even conversed with a lady waiting for her pizza about that very thing.

After my shopping was done and I had yummy pizza inside me, I drove to Holladay to visit a dear friend. We sat in front of the fire in her family room and talked for hours. It was very soothing. I am so thankful for good friends who will listen and love unconditionally. They are priceless.

No comments: